What's the time commitment?
The program will last for four months (May- August) and will be a mix of formal events organized by WiTT and one-on-one mentoring. Mentors and mentees are free to continue meeting beyond that timeframe if desired (in fact, we're hoping you will!).
Who is eligible to participate?
- A professional woman who is in the technology field and also in a leadership or upper management role
- Actively participate and support WiTT
- Be a current technology practitioner
- Be willing to commit to the mentor program for ~4 months
- WiTT members looking to advance in their technology-related careers
- Individuals willing and able to commit to the program for its duration
What does success look like?
A successful mentor program provides opportunities to...
- Explore what advancement for women in the IT industry looks like
- Gain an experienced technology practitioner's perspective on applying leadership concepts to real life situations
- Familiarize themselves with corporate protocol
- Identify long-term professional development needs
- Realize the value of networking
- Develop a meaningful professional relationship over a specified time period
- A mentor program benefits mentors by allowing them to...
- Contribute to the professional development of future leaders in the technology workforce
- Give something back to the profession
- The opportunity to network and learn from the mentee
How will mentors and mentees be matched?
Both mentors and mentees will submit applications. WiTT will review the applications and make matches based upon similarities in backgrounds and career interests/aspirations.